Thursday, February 5, 2009

long-awaited promise. . .

The atmosphere is weighty with impending revelation. I sense the surfacing of a long-awaited promise. It is near. My soul swells with anticipation. . . I am flooded with recollection of cries that reached heaven many years ago, tears spawned by an overwhelming desire for the life that fidgets in my deep. The essence of Jonah beckoned me long before his seed took root. I now wait, wide-eyed and expectant, confident of the close proximity of his unveiling. . . The mystery surrounding this blessed event tantalizes my senses. I am more intrigued than ever by a God I cannot grasp but glimpse everywhere. His way induces wonder. . . I settle into his sovereignty, surrender to his dominion and wait to behold him in the tiny stature that will soon surface from my deep. . .

No comments: