Wednesday, February 18, 2009

spirit of the bride. . .

My desire for Jonah is steadily intensifying. I wait expectantly for signs of his proximity and the day of his emergence. My soul’s capacity to hunger for the closeness of another has been illuminated on this journey. I have reached a realm of longing that far exceeds that which I’ve previously known. . . Last night as I settled into the arms of God and disrobed my yearning before him, I sensed an ache in his heart to be my soul’s greatest obsession, to be craved with the same intensity I crave Jonah. . . He longs to hear his bride cry “COME!” with an overwhelming anticipation of the unveiling of his essence . . . May his lovesick ache continue to burn within me, compelling me to reach for him in a spirit of utter abandon and desperation. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Economy of words, my dear, economy of words. Calm down with the $40 words. It only makes you appear as if you walk around with a thesaurus around your neck.