Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Into the light. . .

The Holy Spirit continues to rouse my slumbering deep. He has become unavoidable, inescapable. . . relentless in his determination to draw me into deeper realms of God. My frantic agenda has often muffled his wooing, but I sense now, in this season, a stillness falling like rain- capturing my attention. Though the demands of life are ever-increasing, he is meeting me with a rapturous peace and silencing the madness in my soul. Steadily, I am becoming sensitized to the passion of the Divine pouring into every facet of my being, engulfing secret chambers of carnal longing. . . saturating the harbored darkness within. I am a fear-bound wanderer, full of shame, squatting in the shadows of the radiance and glory of God. . . I’ve squandered the riches imparted in our exchange, oh but his ruthless mercy and tender affection reaches me and coerces me into the light again. . .

No comments: