Monday, August 10, 2009

release. . .

Purging the inner wrestling of adapting to this new and wondrous world of motherhood proved powerfully liberating. Revelation rose from the carnage of my thoughts the morning after as tiny hands reached to caress my face with love that defies any my heart has previously known. I realized then, in the sanctity of that moment, gazing into the crystal blue eyes of my baby boy, that familiar and predictable comfort binds the soul to the mundane and ordinary and prevents one from being utterly submerged in the miracle of life. The power and purpose of this present moment can be embraced only when the pleasure and pain of yesterday is released in its entirety. I wept that night for all that was lost in time, and I weep now for all that I have gained. . .

No comments: