Friday, October 2, 2009

sunburns and sickness, but I'm still smiling

I spent the day playing at the park with Mimi and Popi on Wednesday while Mommy finished a project for school. We had so much fun, but I got my first sunburn. :( Mommy shouldn't have removed the sunscreen from my diaper bag so soon.


Wednesday night, cold symptoms began to surface. . . They didn't mesh well with my sunburn. I spent the night sneezing, coughing and clawing at my face . . . oh, and screaming. Needless-to-say, Mommy and Daddy didn't get much sleep. My temp was 101.8, so Mommy took me to the doctor on Thursday. They said I have an upper respiratory infection. Thankfully, I'm over 6 months, so we're managing the symptoms with Benadryl. . . I weighed 19lbs 13oz at my appointment. I've only gained one pound during my 6th month. Evidentially, I'm burning more calories now that I'm mobile. :)

This is my sick face. . . It breaks Mommy's heart. :(
Daddy's TiCkLe FoOT :)
This is my brand new HaPpY sQuEeL! :) I used it for the first time tonight when Daddy got home. Mommy LOVES it!

1 comment:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Oh my gosh, that sunburn is just pitiful! I guess that fair skin comes with the adorable blond hair:( So sorry to hear about him being sick. My mom really appreciated you being willing to watch Bri on Friday. My nephew is fine and we are back too. Hope to see you sometime this week!