Friday, June 4, 2010

Crayon Discs

We can't take credit for this project. . . We stumbled across it while browsing Mrs. Adrian's blog and decided to try it ourselves.

Because my hands are so small and it's difficult to hold normal crayons, we melted them down into discs.

We started by peeling the paper off the crayons we wanted to melt. . .
Then we broke them into pieces and put them in a mini muffin pan. We recommend using paper muffin cups if you have them (we didn't). Two crayons per disc works best (if you use one, they're kind of brittle in the end). We tried it both ways.
Bake in the oven on 250 for about 7 minutes. Then put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes (probably less if you baked them in paper cups).
Then pop them out and you're ready to color! :)
Mommy was really impressed by how well I did with the crayons. It was my first time. I have a much longer attention span than she expects from a 15 month old! :)






2 comments:

Amber said...

What a good mommy you are!

Adrian said...

Yay!! I'm glad you found that post. . . I was about to email that idea to you :) Glad to see that Jonah loves to color. It's still one of Cole's favorite pastimes!