Saturday, January 29, 2011

BiG DAY!

We've had an action packed day today, full of mingling with family and friends. We started our morning (quite early) at Noshville downtown with the Willis Clan. . . I love (and sometimes feel I live for) Saturday morning breakfast. It's always a big deal at our house, and this morning was extra special!
The most charming smile in the world!! (I mean really, who could resist it?!)
Jonah has developed a love for reading lately, which we're quite excited to see. . . This coming after a long season of flipping quickly though pages and tossing books aside. He especially loves Alice. He's developed a bit of a crush on her we think. :)
This picture makes me laugh SO HARD! While at breakfast, Jonah pointed to the photo on the left and said "This, Daddy" and then pointed to the photo on the right and said "This, Mimi"!!!! LOL! Seriously, doesn't get more hysterical than that!! :) (Thanks to my Mom-in-law for letting me steal these breakfast pics from her blog!)
After breakfast we went home so the boys could take a nap and I could finish a quilt I've been working on for my Mom. She's been in quarantine for the past week, and I haven't been able to see her so I decided this would be a great way to express my love. This is my very first quilt. It took about 2 1/2 days and 20 hours to complete. A step-by-step tutorial will be posted to Momspiration by tomorrow hopefully. . . For those of you unfamiliar with the quilting process, let me just tell you, if someone takes the time to make you a quilt they really, ReALLY, REALLY love you! It's a LOT of work! I've decided it's one of the most definitive expressions of love there is! :)

The front of the quilt. . .
And the back. . . She loves it! ;) I couldn't have given my first quilt to a more deserving (or appreciative) person!
We had a late picnic lunch at my parents place. . . We picked up Grandma Bruce so she could join us. Jonah had a blast with Grandad! (Videos to come!)


I love seeing my Dad with Jonah. . . I can definitely tell Jonz has a special place in his heart. He waited so long for his boys! :)
LOVE THIS PIC! :)
And tonight we spent time with Lindsey, Jeremy, and Adeline. The kids were SO CUTE together! Lindsey and I crafted Valentine's heart wreaths. A tutorial for that will be posted to Momspiration soon as well. We had so much fun and got lots of great pictures and video (which I'll upload tomorrow). It's too late to edit all of them now. . . Here's a teaser. Yes, Jonah has fairies on his pajamas. We decided to give the kids a bath, so he borrowed them from Adeline. He'll be so mad we posted this pic of him one day, I just know it! ;)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Fun Post! Jonah and Addie should be in Gap commercials. Two beautiful babies. Love those breakfast pics! :) Glad to share.
So glad you all were able to spend time with your parents. So sweet. The quilt is beautiful. You are amazing. I've never finished such an extensive project so fast.