Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Plan


There's something quite refreshing about the beginning of each new year. It's as if time extends a blank page and a second chance, giving us an opportunity to evolve into a better version of ourselves. It's a time we inevitably make pledges to change and become in areas of lack . . . some spoken and some we harbor within.

This year one of my primary pledges is to faithfully document the days of our children. I have become progressively neglectful of this in recent months. The weeks of Jonah's life that have slipped through my fingers sadden me, and I cannot let the trend continue.

It is my mission to post everyday even if it's just one picture and a sentence. I'd like to capture the ordinary events of our lives in the most simplistic way. This year life is going to become increasingly demanding and busy, and it would be quite easy to allow this resolution to fall by the wayside, so please hold me accountable.

Day 1 of 365

Napping at Mimi and Popi's after a wild night of ringing in the New Year

2 comments:

Adrian said...

I'm with you friend! I tend to document our 'big events', but not the mundane moments of life. Cole has said/done so many funny things these past few weeks and months that I don't want to forget. Some I've journaled, some I haven't.
I'll be sure to hold you accountable - especially during the spring when BOTH our lives become a little more crazy (and wonderful!) :)

Cassi Wolski said...

I agree! I am trying to get better too. We changed our blogging info for missions and our adoptions. Our missions blog is www.day3missions.blogspot.com and our adoption one is www.cassiwolski.blogspot.com our adoption one is private so if you want an invite just message me your email on FB and I will send you an invite. I am looking forward to watching little Jonah grow and seeing little Eve soon. Hope you all had a blast ringing in the new year. :)